Материалы для тренировки страдательного залога в 7 классе
Past Indefinite Passive.
1. Read and compare:
Pushkin wrote this poem. This poem was written by Pushkin.
The letter was written yesterday.
These exercises were done at the last lesson.
The theatre was built in 1970.
The vegetables were bought at the market.
The holiday meeting was opened at 5 o’clock in the hall.
These novels were translated from Russian into English.
Past Indefinite Passive.
written (the 3rd form)
1. The seaside was visited by many people from the town.
2. Four children were questioned at the Russian lesson yesterday.
3. The question was decided very quickly by the teacher.
4. The table was laid for dinner at 3 o’clock.
5. The magazine was put in the bookcase.
3. Read and pick out sentences with the Passive:
A. 1. They organized a holiday party on the 22nd of February.
2. They meeting was organized in the school hall.
3. They have organized a literature club in their school.
1. The children decorated the New Year tree with toys.
2. She has decorated the room with flowers.
3. The building were decorated with slogans and flags.
B. 1. The price of the coat was too high.
2. There was a shop-girl selling ice-cream at the door.
3. The cotton shirt was bought at the department store.
1. They were free yesterday evening.
2. The telegram was sent by my uncle.
3. There was something interesting in this magazine.
4. Перепишите предложения, вставляя глаголы, данные в скобках, в соответствующей форме страдательного глагола. Прочитайте написанное:
1. The new library … two years ago. (to build)
2. All the mistakes … by the teacher. (to correct)
3. At the meeting at an English university, the winter from St. Petersburg … questions about life in Russia. (to ask)
4. The table … by me half an hour ago. (to buy)
5. The portrait of M. Gorky … on the wall in the reading-room yesterday. (to hang)
6. The umbrella … by somebody on a tram. (to leave)
5. Read and compare:
Were these exercises done by you? Yes, they were.
Was the letter written on Friday or on Sunday? It was written on Sunday.
When was the postcard sent? It was sent last week.
Who was this poem written by? It was written by Lermontov.
What were you given? I was given a book of stories by Gaidar.
The letter was written by him ·
Was the letter written by him ?
Who was the letter written by ?
6. Read and compare
The telegram was sent yesterday. The telegram was not sent the day before
The textbook was left at home. yesterday.
These books were bought at the The textbook was not left at school.
bookshop. These vegetables were not bought at the
The postcards were received before market.
the holiday. The letters were not received in time.
The letter was written yesterday ·
The letter was not written the day before ·
The windows were not opened before the lesson.
The boy was not met by anybody at the bus stop.
Some of the vegetables and fruit were not sold during the day.
The plates were not washed and put into the cupboard.
This exercise was not done at the last lesson.
The new pupil was not introduced to the class.
8. Read and answer the questions about your last English lesson:
Who was the English lesson given by?
Who was asked by the teacher?
Was the date written by the teacher or by the pupil on duty?
Were any written exercise done during the lesson?
Who was the blackboard cleaned by?
Were the windows shut or opened before the lesson?
9. Перепишите предложения, вставляя глаголы, данные в скобках, в нужной форме. Прочитайте написанное.
What marks … you… for your answer yesterday? (to give)
Who … he … by? (to meet)
How many games … by the teams? (to play)
On his birthday he … a lot of presents. (to give)
The holiday meeting … before Victory Day. (to hold)
The game … with the score three to two (to lose)
Present Indefinite Passive.
1) Read and compare:
A big fruit harvest was gathered A big fruit harvest is gathered every year
last year. on our farm.
New blocks of flats were built in the New school, factories, and houses are
centre of the city last year. built every year.
Was the new film shown last Sunday? Are new films shown every week in the place?
What was sold at that shop in the What is sold at the market at this season
afternoon? of the year?
Wheat was not grown in that field Cotton is not grown in this part of the country.
Present Indefinite Passive.
2) Read and answer the questions.
Who is your school timetable changed by?
When are the windows of your classroom opened?
What are sports grounds used for?
What fruits are grown where you live?
What holidays are celebrated in May?
How is your school decorated before Victory Day?
3) Перепишите предложения, вставляя глаголы, данные в скобках, в соответствующей форме страдательного залога. Прочитайте написанное.
Russia… by the White Sea. (to wash)
Russian… not… during our English lessons. (to speak)
How… Victory Day usually…? (to celebrate)
I… always… presents on my birthday. (to give)
When… letters and newspapers… to you, in the morning or in the evening? (to bring)
How … towns and villages… before Victory Day? (to decorate)
4) Read and say:
When is the harvest gathered in your place?
Who are the schoolchildren’s mistakes corrected by?
What marks were you given for history at the last lesson?
Was your English textbook used by any other pupil?
How much homework are you given every day?
What presents were you given on your birthday?
Degrees of comparison.
1) Read and compare.
My brother comes home late.
Mother comes home later than my brother.
Father comes home from work latest.
soon sooner soonest
fast faster fastest
near nearer nearest
late later latest
early earlier earliest
2) Read and compare.
Don’t talk too loudly.
Don’t skate too fast.
Don’t look at the sun too long.
I shall come sooner than you.
The girl skates better than the boy.
Vadim lives nearer than the other boys.
She likes skiing best of all.
He likes swimming least of all.
We live farthest.
My mother goes to work as early as my father.
He does not run so fast as the other boys.
4) Read and compare.
The sun shines more brightly in May than in March.
The sun shines most brightly in July.
Does Mother come home later or earlier than Father? – She comes home earlier than father.
Who learns better, Victor or Nina? – Nina does.
Who runs most slowly, you, Vera or Sveta? – I do.
Who goes to the cinema more often, you or your friend? – My friend does.
Who reads least of all in your form? I don’t know.
All schoolchildren read much.
6) Read and answer the questions:
Who lives nearer to your school, you or your friend?
Do you get up earlier or later than 7 o’clock?
What sports do you like most of all?
Can you swim father than the middle of your river?
Which do you like more, football or hockey?
Who plays table tennis better, you or your friend?
Do you enjoy playing volleyball as much as basketball?
7) Напиши ответы на следующие ответы:
Who gets up earliest of all in your family?
For how long do you do morning exercises?
Do you do your English exercises correctly or not?
Who lives farther from your school, you or your friend?
How did the sun shine yesterday?
How much did you work on the farm?
8) Read and answer the questions:
Is Tomsk bigger than St. Petersburg?
Are the days shorter than the nights in winter in all parts of Russia?
What are the most beautiful cities in Russia?
The sun is hot in June. In what month is it hotter?
Is your friend younger than you?
Is the weather today better or worse than yesterday?
9) Read and answer the questions:
Which is the largest country in the world?
Which is the smallest country: Russia, the USA or England?
Which is the longest river: The Volga, The Neva or the Don?
Which is the most modern building in your town?
Where is the nearest bookshop?
Which do you think is the most interesting film?
10) Read and answer the questions:
Is your house as from the school as your friend’s?
Who is the oldest in your family?
Which is the shortest month of the year?
Are the days in December as long as the nights, or are they shorter than the nights?
Is June as sunny as July?
Where is it colder, in the fields or in the town?
11) Read and answer the questions:
Whose hair is darker, yours or your friend’s?
Whose classroom is high and light?
Is the book you are holding in your hand yours or the teacher’s?
What country is the largest country in the world?
Whose desk is nearer to the blackboard, yours or your friend’s?
My father is a lorry-driver. What is your friend’s father?
На странице приведен фрагмент.
Автор: Демченко Анна Александровна
15.07.2009 3 7249 2470