Школьная олимпиада по анлийскому языку, 10-11 класс
1. USE OF ENGLISH (30 POINTS)
TIME: 25 MINUTES
Choose the right variant from a), b), c) or d).
1. Have you ever visited other countries? - Yes, I... to Italy and France.
a) was c) had been,
b) have been d) would be
2. I feel really tired. We ... to the party last night and have just returned home.
a) went c) had seen
b) has gone d) was going
3.When the bus stopped in the small square, Helen … her magazine and didn't
realize at first that she had arrived at her destination...
a) read c) was reading
b) reads d) had read
4. My sister's son ... in tomorrow's race, because he is too young. They do not allow
riders under sixteen.
a) won't ride c) wouldn't ride
b) shan't ride d) doesn't ride
5. A beautiful bridge ..... in our city. It will be finished next year;
a) builds c) is being built
b) is built d) has been built
6. Television has many advantages. It keeps us informed about the latest news, and
also ... entertainment at home.
a) provide c) is provided
b) provides d) provided
7. On the other hand television ... for the violent behaviour of some young people,
and for encouraging children to sit indoors, instead of doing sports.
a) blames c) is blamed
b) blamed d) would blame
8. Every time that I miss the bus, it means that 1 ... walk to work.
a) has to c) had. to
b) have to d) could
9. Every time when I missed the bus, I .... to return home late.
a) must c) can
b) had d) may
10.That was great! It was…meal you have ever cooked.
a) good c) best
b) better d) the best
11. This exhibition is .... interesting than the previous one.
a) little c) least
b) less d) the least
12. My cat catches a lot of….
a) mouse c) the mice
b) mice c) a mouse
13. Everybody agrees that... happiness is very important in the life of people.
a) - c) a
b) the d) many
14. When they arrived ... the station, they rushed to the platform not to miss the train.
a) to c)in
b) at d) for
15. When you…older, you'll change your mind about this.
a) will grow c) have grown
b) grow d) grew
16.... is at home and no one knows where they are.
a) Anybody c) Everybody
b) Somebody d) Nobody
17. Martin said that he .... the tickets the next day.
a) bought c) will buy
b) had bought d) would buy
18. Whose house is it? - It's ..... .
a) my c) her
b) mine d) our
19. "Come home ... Christmas Day, we'll be waiting for you", my mother always says
b) on d) at
20. Everybody in our team played ... except the captain.
a) bad c) worst
b) badly d) the worst
21. The comic told silly jokes, but nobody laughed ... him.
a) on c) at
b) under d)about
22. Tom has had to give ... playing football since he broke his leg.
a) in c) at
b) on d) up
Transform the words in brackets so that they grammatically corresponded to the contents of the text.
Adopt or Die?
As history shows, monarchies need to reform 23)______(THEY), if they want to survive. 24)_________(ARGUE) about the Monarchy are as old as the institution itself. But this summer, critics who have been calling for reform were taken by surprise. According to the Political 25) _______(EDIT) of the Sun newspaper, Trevor Kavanagh, it is the
Queen who has recognized, the need for change. "She set up the committee four years ago," he said. "They meet every six months, and she, at the age of 70, looks into the future and understands that the Royal Family has to change taking into account the changing times". Buckingham Palace has not revealed all the details about the committee's 26) _______(DISCUSS), but it is clear that the Queen is considering changing some of the Monarchy's more ancient rules. One 27)____________(PROPOSE) is to end the law, which says that the title of Monarch passes to sons rather than daughters. The present Queen only inherited the title because there were no male heirs. But big changes are not expected soon. It is clear that these meetings are part of an 28) ______(EVOLUTION), not revolutionary process of change and reform. The British Monarchy has, throughout history, been very good at adapting to circumstances. It has survived wars, 29)__________(POLITICS) and social changes, and tips and downs in its 30)_______(POPULAR).
На странице приведен фрагмент.
Автор: Царева Надежда Юрьевна
01.08.2011 20 82297 11179
А вы знали?
Интересные инструкции по ПК
Лучшие материалы сайта для вас
Оставьте отзыв к материалу: